HomeDBT Skills Course InformationLearning objectives for the DBT Skills course.
Learning objectives for the DBT Skills course.
Last updated 4 months ago
- Identify the 4 skill modules: Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Distress Tolerance.
- Prioritize the specific skills from each of the 4 modules to use with your clients.
- Identify the difference between group and individual skills training.
- Specify what mindfulness practice consists of, and how to practice in your own (and therefore your clients') everyday life.
- Define emotion regulation to change or reduce the intensity of your clients' emotional responses.
- Effectively communicate while making requests, increasing a positive relationship, and maintaining the self-respect of your clients.
- Define crisis survival skills for short-term distress and reality acceptance skills for long-term distress.