SoFi Points Terms and Conditions
- SoFi Points is a loyalty program (“Program”) provided by SoFi Hong Kong (Securities) Limited (“SoFi HK”) to SoFi HK clients.
- By participating in this Program, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Program and any such variation.
- You can earn points by completing tasks (“Points”) specified in the SoFi Hong Kong mobile application (“App”) and rewards can be redeemed with the Points you earned (“Rewards”).
- SoFi HK may at any time and without advance notice, withdraw, limit, modify, cancel or add any tasks specified in the App. SoFi HK reserves the right to adjust any Points earned by completing these tasks.
- Redemption request must be made through the App. Redemption request from parties other than yourself, including nominees, will not be processed.
- Once the Prize redemption has been placed, Points will be deducted from your SoFi HK account immediately and the redemption will be considered final and cannot be amended or cancelled by you. Subject to the below clause, the deduction of Points from your SoFi HK account will be non-reversible and non-refundable.
- All Rewards are subject to availability and SoFi HK may, at any time and without advance notice, withdraw, limit, modify, cancel or increase the availability of such Rewards or to adjust the Points required for redemption. If SoFi HK cancels a redemption request, Points for that redemption will be refunded.
- SoFi HK will deposit the Prize into your SoFi HK account within 30 days upon receiving your redemption request and your SoFi HK account must be active at that time.
- You are responsible for and are required to pay all fees, charges and taxes associated with the redeemed Prize. SoFi HK shall be deemed to have discharged its obligations once the redeemed Prize has been deposited into your SoFi HK account.
- Points earned by you will be immediately expired upon the closure of your SoFi HK account.
- Points earned in the same year as your SoFi HK account opening year will be expired by the end of the year or the end of the succeeding year if your SoFi HK account is opened on any date before 01 July or after 30 June respectively.
- Points earned in each succeeding year after your account opening year will be expired by the end of the same year.
- Upon the expiration of Points earned, these Points will be deducted from your SoFi HK account immediately and cannot be used for any redemptions.
- Points may not be transferred or sold.
- This program may not be used with other promotional events.
- All redemptions and Rewards are non-exchangeable for cash and / or other gifts.
- You can earn Points by completing the task “Refer a Friend” as a referrer. This task can be completed repeatedly up to 5 times every year. This task can be completed when
a) a referee downloads the App with the referral link you sent to him/her and successfully opens an account with SoFi HK; or
b) a referee successfully opens an account with SoFi HK using the referral code you sent to him.
- You can earn Points by completing the task “Referred by Friend” as a referee, by using the referral link you received from any eligible SoFi HK clients and successfully opens an account with SoFi HK. This task can only be completed once.
- You warrant and undertake that:
a) You as a referrer did not and will not discuss with, recommend or otherwise encourage anyone to enter into any specific transactions with SoFi HK, and that
b) you as a referrer did not and will not issue, publish or distribute any advertisement, marketing materials or other sales literature utilizing or making reference to SoFi HK or its products / services or use such means to solicit anyone. And
c) referrals are not made by way of solicitation and should only be made at the request of the referee. And
d) your decision on opening an account with SoFi HK must be made pursuant to your own unprompted and informed self-directed decision. You are solely and exclusively responsible for determining whether any investment, or strategy, or any other product or service is appropriate or suitable for you. SoFi HK will not be liable for any losses that you may sustain.
- A referee must not be:
a) An existing client of SoFi HK; or
b) A prior client of SoFi HK; or
c) A corporate account whose beneficiary is an existing client or a prior client of SoFi HK
- All account opening process is subject to SFC regulations and other laws and regulations. All client must fulfill all requirements as imposed by SoFi HK in order to complete the account opening process.
- SoFi HK reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prohibit you from participating in any aspect of the Program if SoFi HK deems or suspects that such you / any of your referees has engaged in or has attempted to engage in any of the followings:
a) Acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions;
b) Damaging, tampering with or corrupting the operation of the Program;
c) Activity deemed in the sole discretion of SoFi HK to be generally inconsistent with the intended operation of the Program.
- All time or period described in these Terms and Conditions are based on Hong Kong time.
- No advice is intended to be provided or to be relied on as provided nor endorsed by SoFi HK; nor any solicitation or incentive provided to subscribe for or sell or purchase any share / financial instrument. All trading and investment you make must be pursuant to your own unprompted and informed self-directed decision.
- If you reside or are incorporated outside Hong Kong, you agree to ensure and represent that your participation in this program is in compliance with all applicable laws of the relevant jurisdiction which are applicable to you, and that when in doubt, to consult or obtain legal advice on the relevant jurisdiction.
- SoFi HK shall not assume any liability for any losses incurred or suffered by any person in connection with this Program. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you indemnify and agree to keep indemnified SoFi HK at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission by you and/or a breach of any representation and warranty by you set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to hold SoFi HK, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in this Program.
- SoFi HK reserves the right to terminate this Program at any time. Notice of termination may or may not be posted (but SoFi HK is not obliged to do so) to the SoFi HK website or via other means. After the termination, the public can no longer participate in this Program and no one holds the right to claim any Rewards of this Program from SoFi HK.
- SoFi HK reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of use of this Program any time. SoFi HK’s decision is final in all matters relating to this promotion. In case of dispute, SoFi HK reserves the right of final decision.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Program, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- These terms and conditions are prepared in both English and Chinese versions, in the event of discrepancy between the versions, the English version shall prevail.